What is Nissan Safety Shield 360?
What is Nissan Safety Shield 360? The team at Hello Nissan of Valencia is excited to share the great technology and safety features offered to you in many of our new Nissan models, like the new 2020 Nissan Rogue, the 2020 Nissan Altima, the 2020 Nissan Leaf, and the 2020 Nissan Rogue Sport! Let’s dive in!
Nissan Safety Shield 360 is a package of driver assist technology meant to prevent collisions and keep the driver in control – you guessed it – 360 degrees around the vehicle. Nissan plans to have Safety Shield 360 standard in most of the top-selling models by 2020. This will amount to over 1 million units. Its purpose – to monitor, respond and protect. Nissan coins this new technology Nissan Intelligent Mobility.
Driver assist technology packages like the Nissan Safety Shield 360 not only help avoid physical damage to you or your vehicle, but it keeps public roads safer. Safety always comes first. Especially when navigating the driving chaos that is Los Angeles metro. That’s why Nissan is taking initiative by making Safety Shield 360 standard on their top-selling models like the 2020 Nissan Rogue, 2020 Nissan Rogue Sport, 2020 Nissan Leaf and 2020 Nissan Altima (features may vary on trim levels). The outcome is improved safety and an improved overall driving experience. Motor1 has an excellent overview of Nissan’s new safety features in this article.
Nissan Safety Shield 360 is comprised of 6 major technology safety assist features:
- Blind Spot Monitoring – helps spot vehicles in driver’s blind spot areas.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert – warns the driver about detected approaching vehicles when reversing out of a parking spot.
- Lane Departure Warning – alerts driver of drifting from lane with a visual warning and audible or haptic signals
- Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection – uses forward-facing radar and camera technology to track vehicles and crossing pedestrians, and can give audible and visual warnings and apply braking to help avoid or reduce the severity of a frontal collision
- Automatic High Beam Headlights – automatically switches to low beam headlights when it detects a vehicle ahead and turns the high beams back when needed
- Rear Automatic Braking – helps the driver detect stationary objects when backing up and, if necessary, applies the brakes to help avoid a collision
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Follow Along Capability – uses a front radar sensor and a front-facing camera, it can maintain a gap with the car in front of you at a preset distance and help to keep the vehicle centered, even on slight curves.
The technology was conceived to “Shield” the vehicle 360 degrees with safety features. The front is protected by; Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Warning and High Beam Assist. The side is secured by Blind Spot Warning and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert. The rear is defended by Rear Automatic Braking. All of these state-of-the-art technology features will help you stay safe driving in our infamous California traffic. You can learn even more about these features on Nissan’s website.
Interested in learning more about Nissan Safety Shield 360 and Nissan Intelligent Mobility technology? Our experts at Hello Nissan of Valencia in Santa Clarita, CA can walk you through and demonstrate each of these features. This will help you learn all the amazing benefits that Nissan Safety Shield 360 and Nissan Intelligent Mobility can offer you in a new Nissan vehicle!